Share My Smile is a fundraising campaign by the SMS Foundation UK to raise money, and awareness, for families living with Smith-Magenis syndrome.
The concept is simple. Share your selfie smile on our Facebook or Twitter page and donate £1 (or whatever monetary value you want). All donations will help the SMS Foundation UK achieve our aim of supporting families living with SMS, so whether it is a ‘fiver for fangs’ a ‘tenner for no teeth’ or a ‘fifty for falsies’ please share your beautiful, cheesy, gappy, gurning smiles and make the World smile along with you!
Here are some of the ways the SMS Foundation support families:
- Provide information – we have a variety of literature available on the website or in booklet form
- Direct any questions you have to relevant professionals. We are not medical professionals, so any questions related to sleep, medication, behaviour etc we will forward on to our board of professionals who do know
- Provide emotional support on the phone or in person
- Provide information for interested parties ( e.g housing/education etc) about Smith-Magenis Syndrome
- Organise biennial conferences which allows our Smith-Magenis syndrome community to share information, experiences, ideas and knowledge
- We promote awareness of SMS through our partnerships with other charities and organisations including Cerebra, Genetic Disorders and Jeans for Genes
- Fundraising events – As this not only raises much needed funds for the foundation it also creates an awareness of Smith-Magenis Syndrome
- Media campaigns – We have been involved in organising or directly taking part in TV interviews, radio interviews, as well as newspaper and magazine articles to discuss Smith-Magenis Syndrome
- Developing merchandise – including key rings, wristbands, t-shirts, bags, baseball caps coasters and car stickers
- Sponsorship of research into the key symptoms of Smith-Magenis syndrome
- We provide small grants (up to £500) to improve the quality of life of the person with SMS, and financial support (up to £200) for social events (get togethers) for members to connect with other SMS families and share experiences