To make the most of our ‘Teddies to the Rescue’ lockdown weekend, here are a few more fun activities to keep you busy!
Printable Pirate Activity Pack
Keep busy and involved during our ‘Teddies to the Rescue’ activity weekend with our children and ‘SMS-friendly’ printable pirate pack.
Containing a word search, dot-to-dot, colouring-in and spot the difference.
‘Pieces-of-eight’ white chocolate chip cookies
Preheat oven to 180°C. Makes 12 cookies
- 100g granulated sugar
- 165g brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 115g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 155g plain flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 110g white chocolate chips
- Mix the white and brown sugar, salt and butter in a large bowl until there are no lumps.
- Whisk in the egg and vanilla, beating until it forms light ribbons.
- Gently mix in the flour and baking soda.
- Gently fold in the white chocolate chunks and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pinch out 12 portions of dough and roll into small balls. Space evenly out on the baking tray, the cookies will spread as they cook in the oven.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until they are golden and edges start to brown.
Build an origami sailboat
Other Pirate Activities
Who were pirates? Learn and discover the history of pirates on the interactive Dorling Kindersley website.
More pirate resources with ‘A to Z kids stuff’ from recommended children’s pirate books, poems and activities including how to make your own compass and design your own Jolly Roger.
How about throwing a pirate themed party? Mumsnet have some great ideas for your swashbuckling bash – from decorations and party bags to themed food and the perfect pirate cake…